Jonsered CS2152 - tank vent--or is it vents? help needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartDalb

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey all

I need a quick helping hand

Got myself a used Jonsered CS 2152 - Ulticor.

The tank vent/s are missing, as per usual when I see these models....

Anyhow...

There are actually a few vents on the IPL and I wonder....is it all three or just the one with the "nipple" attached to it?
Part nr.
537 40 35-01
530 02 61-19
537 35 95-01

See my pictures.

Attachments

• 1000004649.jpg
    1000004649.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 0
  • nipple vent.jpg
    nipple vent.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 0
  • vent and cork.jpg
    vent and cork.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 0
Your first photo shows the PTO side of the saw and the vent tibe exit/entry.
2nd photo is an explosws view of the fuel tank and the vent parts and how it carries back to the carb.
3rd is an exploded view of the crankcase and the circled parts are the OIL TANK breather.

You are right and I am not paying attention... :/

Stupid question, my bad. :dumb:

On the positive side, I only need to replace that one nipple/vent.

I seem to see these fuel vents missing so often on these models.

Also on the models which has those 2 seperate small vents.
See picture.

Bad design? ...I rarely have to replace Stihl fuel tank vents, only on the old Stihl 026 models really...

Attachments

• 2 vents.jpg
    2 vents.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 0
Bad desigb? I don't know- I only own one 2152 and have never had to replace the vents myself- so guess the design passes muster here.
I guess you have to look and decide which system you have- if your air intake elbow has the nipple provision for the vent hose- you need your first option- if it does not, then you need the option in your last post.

Bad desigb? I don't know- I only own one 2152 and have never had to replace the vents myself- so guess the design passes muster here.
I guess you have to look and decide which system you have- if your air intake elbow has the nipple provision for the vent hose- you need your first option- if it does not, then you need the option in your last post.
Yeah - for this one its a nipple version.

I have seen many 353s, 350s, 2152s and similar design.

I think at least half were missing the fuel tank vent/vents...perhaps even more.

Just find it odd these go missing so much, it's not like its a user error thing.

Back