Jonsered new model 2186

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"any day now"

Hmm....well I will believe it when I see it...Jonsered is always saying soon...we were told the beginning of Sept...and we still dont have an eta for shipping from Sweden....we were a year and a half behind the 371 with the 2071...and a long ways behind now with the 385...When I was in Sweden in 1997, our whole Cdn group made 2071 turbo Tshirts...to walk into the first meeting with...just to tell them to get their butts in gear...that finally worked...about 6 months later...

Now dont read that all as criticism....with the 2071 we avoided all the oiler gear problems the 371 had...that was a pile...and with the 2186 we will have avoided the carb intake boot problem...sometimes being behind isnt so bad...

I have personally seen the 2186 demos...and they are good looking saws...(red and black):D and they feel great...but I havent gotten to look inside one yet...(they wouldnt let me tear it apart).....but from what I understand, they are the same basics as the 385....but we will see....I have 10 on order ( and 15 guys waiting) for when they get here...

None of the Jons websites say anything...I even visited the Sverige site (My grandpap would be ashamed at how little Swede I can decipher now), but <a href= "http://www.tiltonequipment.com/Jonsered/Tilton_Jonsered_chain_saw_2186_page.html"> Tilton describes it here.</a>

Bee Tee doesn't seem to have a website, and Josa up in Canada doesn't have much of one.

I've been waiting for this piece of news for a while, have fished around here to see if anyone else knew to no avail. The biggest Jonsey dealer within a reasonable distance to me knows absolutely nothing, but admits he wouldn't be surprised to eventually see it. He also says that it might be hard to find one if and when they are released, at least for a while until the existing stocks of 2083II's and 2095's get burned up, although the 2095's might hang on for the sake of the sawmill.

NewsFlash!!!

The first 2186's showed up in BC last night...heated handle versions...but I only have one coming...and its not spoken for....any takers?? Will know price tomorrow...

My standard saws wont be here for another 3 weeks:angry:

Back