just basic muffler altering

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
can somebody sho a picture of the basic opened muffler done properly.
want to do one o my 028s . but id ike to do it right.havnt done much modifying but if it improves the power ,im always open to somethin new an better. i can usually tell more from a picture,but a description
of the best way ,would work. thanks

I don't see pipes in that pic, lust looks like holes drilled in the muffler cover. Is that correct, or are those holes actually pipes? I've heard you guys talk about "opening up" a muffler. Is this as simple as drilling holes in the cover, and you get more power? Easy to see how it would reduce the backpressure and lower the temp.
Greg

Greg, Look at the picture again. See the oil filler cap? Look straight up. The pipe is on the side, not the front of the muffler. The heat shield is drilled from the factory to let out heat and protect people from getting badly burned on the muffler. Mike

Hi Greg, sorry for the belated reply, I have never used more than a 16" bar on an 026. Anything longer makes the saw on the unbalanced side. I have never used an 026 for anything but limbing, however it is a very good allround saw for the casual user or the pro who wants to limb trees prior to skidding.
John

Latest posts

Back