Lil red barn ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've worked on machinery, You could never understand. That is what they do, much less, You trying to fix/break them.

Want to talk flipping nuclei/protons, in a magnetic field?

P.S. I am good on 9N Fords and Ferguson's too.
In the first place I highly doubt it.
In the second I can work on a modern chainsaw without breaking a sweat... So while you might be able to trouble shoot a Flux Capacitor, a modern chainsaw has you tied up in knots. Or maybe you are just an old ludditte that is resistant to any sort of change?

No, US made cars are poorly engineered in many cases up to this day.
So really your animosity toward unions is based on the fact you have never made good money?

Greed is what killed American industry.

USA made cars were fine until the US government and EPA got involved. I remember a push rod V8 winning LeMans , twice. They laughed at that until they started up the 427 and the ground shook.

And I'm happy working on my 68 RS/SS Camaro, or C10 I-6 292 with no smog crap. Enough room to sit on the inner fenders working on those. Just two vacuum hoses on each, dist advance and PCV/crankcase vacuum, no "sensors" at all.

In the first place I highly doubt it.
In the second I can work on a modern chainsaw without breaking a sweat... So while you might be able to trouble shoot a Flux Capacitor, a modern chainsaw has you tied up in knots. Or maybe you are just an old ludditte that is resistant to any sort of change?
So what do You doubt? Highly?

If you've broken a sweat working on a saw, old or new, I feel sorry for You.

You embrace what You like, and disparage what You don't, simple as that.

So which local was it 154 or 13. I am a retired boilermaker 193 out of Baltimore. Most nuke work the plant has so much money alotta for the year and if that is not spent, they don’t get as much. So they load the job. You was probably working 7 12’s. As far as telling the men what to do, that is their foreman’s responsibility, not the general foreman, not company supervisor. You have lazy people everywhere and dumb ones.
Most of my "experience" was Pittsburgh area or Illinois. Couldn't say which local.
Back in the day it was 7 12s, towards the end of my career that was pretty much over with a mandated day off weekly.

I was running jobs which were firm priced to the utility so the delays cost us money.

No, US made cars are poorly engineered in many cases up to this day.
So really your animosity toward unions is based on the fact you have never made good money?
Yeah. That is why I retired from my real job when I was 50.

Those 80's union cars were junk, junk, junk, junk....

$40 an hour to put a round peg in a round hole.

And, people wonder why manufacturing fled this country.

And, people wonder why manufacturing fled this c

I can't state it as fact but have always heard the reason unions support raising the minimum wage is their contracts are based on multiples of that minimum.

Most of my "experience" was Pittsburgh area or Illinois. Couldn't say which local.
Back in the day it was 7 12s, towards the end of my career that was pretty much over with a mandated day off weekly.

I was running jobs which were firm priced to the utility so the delays cost us money.
That would have been out of 154. I have work out of there a couple times, but tried staying in my own local unless work was on the short end and then we would boom out. There’s definitely differences in each location.

Except the engineers that designed those clunkers and the managerial people that signed off on them were not unionized. It's hard to put polish on a dog turd.

Greed is what killed American industry.

USA made cars were fine until the US government and EPA got involved. I remember a push rod V8 winning LeMans , twice. They laughed at that until they started up the 427 and the ground shook.

And I'm happy working on my 68 RS/SS Camaro, or C10 I-6 292 with no smog crap. Enough room to sit on the inner fenders working on those. Just two vacuum hoses on each, dist advance and PCV/crankcase vacuum, no "sensors" at all.
They really were not fine.. that's why the Japs left them in the dust.

There is nothing you know that I could not figure out. I've being dealing with very complex systems comprised of multiple pieces of complex equipment my entire career.

I base my opinions on actual performance buddy. You on the other hand are an emotional wreck that bases his buying decisions on brand loyalty.

There is nothing you know that I could not figure out. I've being dealing with very complex systems comprised of multiple pieces of complex equipment my entire career.

I base my opinions on actual performance buddy. You on the other hand are an emotional wreck that bases his buying decisions on brand loyalty.
So are YOU a scientist?

I am besides the rest.

You sound like,... Kamala!!!

"I base my opinions on actual performance buddy. You on the other hand are an emotional wreck that bases his buying decisions on brand loyalty."

How the new chi-com

;

²
So are YOU a scientist?

I am besides the rest.

You sound like,... Kamala!!!

"I base my opinions on actual performance buddy. You on the other hand are an emotional wreck that bases his buying decisions on brand loyalty."

How the new chi-com

;
Which makes it even more laughable that you can't qrap your mind around a modern chainsaw or car.

Except the engineers that designed those clunkers and the managerial people that signed off on them were not unionized. It's hard to put polish on a dog turd.

So, your thinking is that you have a working force sucking you dry monetarily and the reason you do not have the resources to compete with the Japs is designers.

And, the Japs took your market from you . Duh.

So, your thinking is that you have a working force sucking you dry monetarily and the reason you do not have the resources to compete with the Japs is designers.

The reason why the were sucked dry was because they lost market share.
They couldn't and can't compete with the japs for the reasons I outlined earlier. After the war the Japs listened to the the experts we sent over. Demming, etc. The US companies would not adopt the new methods and thus after a period of time the Japs surpassed them.
The irony of it is our government and Douglas MacCarthur set the Japs up to beat us at our own game.
Then there is the fact that certain segments for the big three are very profitable, union labor and all. IE full size trucks. It's largely why Ford pretty much stopped trying ro compete in the sedan market. Trucks made money for them and cars didnt.

Thbothwr thing I would say is that if you have workers that are poor you get rid of them. That's called management.
And before you say union workers can't be fired. That's non sense. I've seen several through to termination and made other crap workers miserable to the point they leave. It can be done, it just takes quality managers.

Back