M10 Bar stud needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Rob

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am looking for an old straight M10 bar stud about 2” long, no shoulder, for a Jonsered. I called the local Husky/Jonsey dealer and he said that he can’t help me.
The saw is a model 80 and I am looking for one stud and if possible the little sheet metal pieces that go between the saw and bar and the bar and bar cover plate and I would also think about taking a new cover plate if anyone has one sitting around. If not, I will make one up.

Also, I have a photo of the saw that I can e-mail if I have to, it is over 500K though and I just don’t know how to reduce the file size to post it.

Hey Oregon Bob, if no one else comes through for you I can get M10 threaded rod. It's not "original equipment" but I'm sure it will work. If you want 2 (the other one looks kinda rusty) I can send 2. Let me know exactly how long you want them and I will get them. I'll also send a couple of nuts to use for installing them. Let me know.

Jeff

Motorsag to the rescue!

Contact George Blake, a.k.a. [email protected]
He is the source for old Jonsered(s) parts. He has a hectic work schedule so be patient, I'll bet he can hook you up with a handle for that saw too!

The bar studs aren't fully threaded, they have a non-threaded section in the middle where the bar sits.

You New York guys are OK. :angel:
Thanks, Yukon, My back up plan was to but a bolt with enough threads and hack it off.
sedanman, thanks for the tip, I will shoot him an e-mail.
:D

Back