mac 35

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geofore

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
One of the guys dropped off an old Mac 35 as a joke the other day. It runs, needs a bit of work on the choke. Anybody got a manual for this old saw? It still has the original paint, I can see pulling this one out on the job and the the customer would run you off or die laughing when he sees it.
This old girl weighs a ton, preplastic fer sure.

mac 35 choke-what choke??

On that mac 35 there is no provision for a choke-just a plunger type primer. You will be opening a big can of worms when you tear into that saw. I am in the immediate process of doing a complete overhaul on one of these saws and I have never and will never do it again. If my particular saw was not so mint in apperance I would sell it for scrap aluminum!! I have a complete parts breakdown and a contact with parts on hand if you should decide to tackle it. Good Luck!! Lawnboy

mac35

It runs and still has the original paint. That was the joke, needs work on the choke.Looks like it was used only once or twice then put away. Still has the original bar and chain. My first mac was the 250. How old is the 35 and where did you find a parts list?

I got a MAC 3516, that I got from a warehouse store and it started to have choke problems after three years of service. I took it apart a couple of times and gave up. I think I'm getting a Husky this this around.

Good luck with that thing.

I have a 3505AV-16 I got for my daughter to cut firewood, but I'm talking about an old 1940's or 1950's mac 35, before plastic. Large plunger is to oil the chain with right thumb pressure. It's not a recent vintage, it is old. Maybe I can post a picture if I can figure out how to. I'm not here to insult, I wanted to get info on the old mac 35. I know it's not a sthil even if it was a freebe. Maybe someone out there has a manual for it. It does have a choke but the guy who gave it to me said it needed work on the choke, butterfly was inside, just loose. The manual should say to mix 30 weight oil and gas for fuel. For those of you who think this is a newer saw, it is pre plastic, pre auto oiler, pre chain brake, no safety for vibration or kickback.

Mac 35-answer to stihltech

Mac 34 and 35 are of early 1960's vintage-at least my 35A is. The oil tank is located at or in the gear reduction unit and the fuel tank is located under the crankshaft which runs parallel to the bar. The crankcase also doubles as the fuel tank. The recoil is located at the rear of the saw mounted at 90 degrees to the crankshaft. The carburetor is more of just a air metering unit that uses a series or 3 diaphrams and 2 seperate reed valves. The saw body/engine assembly looks like a box with a handle on the rear. Prehistoric is a understatment!!!! Bore measures 1.750 and stroke is approx 1.375. I think my 35A will be on ebay in the future and would be best suited as a museum piece. Bill

Bill Kraft sent me Email, said he would copy and mail me the manual for the Mac 35A, dated 1961, for copy price and $2.00 postage. I'm hoping the 35 and 35A are close enough.
Prehistoric discribes it, makes you wonder how the old timers had kept all thier arms and legs after using one of these. I'm wondering if it has worm drive and the gear reduser like the 250.

Thanks Mike, it looks like the 33 but the side case says it's a 35. It does weigh a lot, too much to carry around all day. It does't cut as well as my poulan 4000 series. I'm going to have to take the time to see your entire site to identify some of the other saws like big blue and the little red red one that looks like a model plane engine with a blade(10"), no name tag. Spark plug dead center on the top of the domed head.

Latest posts

Back