man, i wish i could post this anonymous

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timberturner

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
but here goes,

i'm trying to figure out if i have the best air filtration on the 066,

it's a mesh with foam inside, and around the mesh is a felt band(prefilter i think it's called)

i tried searching this topic and got a bout a billion threads, so i thought i'd just ask

according to malloffs book, "wire-screen filters don't stop the finer saw dust so i prefer flocked or foam"

i am milling, freq cedar, and the above quote confuses me cuz i think i have a wire screen, yet there is foam inside

thank you in advance for not cyber-laughing at me ... just wanna make sure i'm not choking my machine

Big fella what ya got is the outer prefilter which i think is felt, they you should have on the filter a wire mesh like on a automotive filter, mostly for support, then you have the flocking inside the 2 layers of wire, then the little blue an green foam thingie.

Those Stihl 3 stage filters are really good. The prefilter wrap catches almost all the crap The inside foam gets wet with fuel splashback from the carb and attracts any fine dust that might get past the outer wrap and main filter. As long as it is sealed properly and cleaned regularly you have no worries.

Back