Max rpms for a pro mac 610?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biker Dude

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I got my PM610 running good and I did a search but couldn't find the spec for tuning the high mixture screw. Does anyone know what the maximum rpms should be for a pro mac 610? I have the high mix screw set at a little past 1 turn open and it seems to 4 stroke a little and then clear out when free revving. I don't want to go any leaner until I can find the max rpm spec and see where I'm at now. Any info would be appreciated, Thanks!

:greenchainsaw:

Ahh, come on, it's lightweight! It's a powerful little animal for what it weighs. Of course, I haven't ran my Poulan for awhile so I don't know what a light saw feels like. Strap on an old Titan or PM1000 to see what it weighs, and those 600-series animals are a pleasure to run!! Good power for such a simple saw. The saws i've been carrying around lately must weigh close to 5lbs heavier than them, and pull twice as hard, so it's a treat to run them "little buggers"!!

What do you think of your Husky's, biker? I'd like to find something on the "lighter side" in the 50cc area to use for a limbing saw, and maybe double as a feller for kindling-sized trees. Was looking at the Jonsered 2152 (and stuff in that area) and also the Husky 353 and 346XP. I've got a PM 605 that would gladly do it. But why have that much grunt-to-weight factor when something lighter duty and lighter in general would work. The Poulan is about perfect, if it was a rebadged "something else" with an engine that could, and chain that lasts longer than my arms!!

There's a quote for someone's signature!! :rock:

The 346XP is a great saw and super light but pricey. If I was just limbing with it not every day then the Husky 350 would be my choice because it is cheaper. If you are gonna use it every day then the 346xp would be better because it has more horsepower, the same weight and is pro grade so it will last longer than the 350. After felling trees with the 610 I grab the 346XP and its like it wants to fly out of my hand, it feels so light. I have yet to use a real heavy saw like the PM1K but if I can get my PM850 going I'll probably call the 610 "little guy" after that!:jester:

Supposedly my Husky 23 Compact is a re-badged Poulan but it does it's job quite nicely and it is light as a feather. It comes in real handy up in the bucket truck.:clap:

:cheers:

Have you heard a lot about the Jonsered's in that size range? Do they compare well with the Husky's, or aren't they stacked up for pro use?

As far as I know, the Jonsreds are Huskys with red plastic instead of orange plastic. I'm not sure how the numbering systems match up because there are no Jonsreds dealers around here but I believe the parts interchange between Jons and Husky. I think Jonsreds are a little bit more expensive compared to the equal size Husqvarna but I could be wrong there too.

If you can keep an old Mac running then you can keep anything running!

:biggrinbounce2::chainsawguy:

Yep, that's how I feel. Just thankful there is sources like ebay for parts. Pretty much try to repair anything that I can....even if it ends up taking months.

:hmm3grin2orange:

Seems like everyone of those fat bottomed Mac's that I have had through here, either the oil tank to crankcase leaked or the oil pickup line needed replaced.

Either way what a PITA to have to pull half the whole saw apart to remove the oil tank to fix.

If anyone can replace that oil line without removing the tank then my hats off to you.

They do run reliably though.

I know what your saying. I just discovered my PM605 is leaking out between the bottom cover and the oil tank. They're saws you either run and be happy they just run, or else rebuild when you set hands on them and rest peacefully.

But they do run!! :clap:

Latest posts

Back