McC BP1 photo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McC

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
McC BP1 at Baraboo old saw race.
This is a gear drive saw, the crankshaft points toward the bar, when you hit the gas, the torque from the engine twists the saw towards you. It is an odd feeling compared to a convetional saw that torques the bar up. It's a pretty fast saw for 1962. The balance piston design is very interesting, high tech for the time. If anyone wants to sell one, I'm looking.

Hi Scott,
I know a fellow who has one of these saws. next time i see him i'll ask him if he wants to part with it. As he explained it to me its around 4 cubes and has opposing cylinders 1 piston has no combustion process but pressures the induction tract and counterbalances the other piston. sort of acts like a supercharger. I'll let you know if he wants to sell it.

ken dunn kdhotsaw

That is along the same lines as what a wright GS2520. they have twin cilinders but the second one drives the recopricating blade. a neat setup if you ask me. it has quite a bit of power for being what it is.

Back