McCulloch Pro Mac 700

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travis

Reaction score
I recently inherited a pro mac 700 chainsaw from my father. He used to make a living with it cutting firewood, pit posts and props, for the coal mines.

The saw, as is my father, is now in need of repair.

If anyone knows of a source for ignition parts to suit or of another magneto coil that can be adapted to suit the saw, please let me know?:blob2:

PM700

I used to own one of those about 1979 I believe. It was good saw for it's day.

I know of three palces in this part of the country that were at one time heavily stocked on McCulloch. At least two of them are still in business. Trouble is, as I set here, I have no names and numbers.

There was an old guy in Palistine Illinois that was very active dealer. Heck he had so much stock that you could buy new 5 or 10 year old saws pro size McCulloch saws. He may still be there.

There is an old shop in Matton Illinois that carried McCullochs for years. It was Matoon Motors. It is still there.

Also Paitson's Hardware in Terre Haute, Indiana used to be big on McCulloch and may still have parts.

Back