McCullouch questions. Power Mac 6 andCP70

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EastCoastGreg

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am new to the forum but not new to overhauling and rebuilding machines as I have rebuilt many auto, motorcycle and all manner of small engines, successfully, I might add, for those of us that are into sarcastic responses.
I am hoping to find some tricks and repairs on a couple McCullouch saws. First I am interested in how some of you have repaired the fuel tank to carb fuel line on a PowerMac 6 (top handle) since it has a nipple fitting that slides into the carb. I have a few ideas, but it’s easier to see what worked for others well.
Secondly, I have a CP70 that weeps from the fuel tank seam and wondering what epoxy has been used successfully to rebond the upper and lower portions of the tank. Did a heat gun work to separate the two halves? Thank you in advance for your experiences.

Put a couple of o-rings over the nipple, this helps stretch it a bit and provides a better seal to the carburetor when the starter/fuel tanks is assembled to the saw.

20210412_105700.jpg

Thoroughly clean the fuel tank and use Red Kote tank sealer to eliminate the weeps. Make sure the tank is clean, and allow plenty of time for the Red Kote to fully cure. The manufacturer suggests that when there is no more solvent order the material is fully cured.

DSC07111.JPG

Post future McCulloch questions in the McCulloch Chainsaw thread in the Chainsaw Stickies area for more views.

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/mcculloch-chain-saws.71126/

There is also a Mini Mac/Small CC thread but it does not get as much attention.

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/mcculloch-chain-saws.71126/

Mark

Thanks for the reply and info. The tank sealer is a way simpler method to seal up the tank than rebonding the halves. I tend to overlook simple answers sometimes

On the powermac6 I gather you are saying to place the oring on the fuel line between the nipple and fuel tank to create a better engagement to the female end of the carb. Forcing the nipple further into the carb, is that correct?

Latest posts

Back