Model number Jonsered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wak110

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought a used, older, (seller says mid-late 80s vintage) Jonsered powerhead. It's in great shape, runs strong etc... but the decals are mostly gone. There is one that says "semi pro" and the serial number is still on the saw. Does anyone know if there is a way to tell the model number from the serial number? It needs a few parts (bar, bar nuts, chain and guides) and I would like to have the model number so I can go the "cheapo" route, (local want-ads, e-bay). Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Bill

Semi-Pro? Only three or four old Jonseys had that designation. Can you post a photo?

The bar and chain are standard parts available through most saw shops or eBay. As far as other parts, try George at [email protected] . He's away a lot, but worth the wait. Might as well tell him John in MA sent you.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, it looks exactly like the photo. I can't post a photo right now, my digital camera is in the shop but I will when ti gets back. Thanks again,
Bill

Most likely a 49SP, Very popular model! Probably one of the best saws ever (I'm entitled to my opinions). I'm on my 3rd one, I still have the fist, gave the second one away to a real good friend. Pistons are very hard to find so I recommend taking real good care of the fuel system to ensure a happy piston. The first one I got was siezed and had fine sawdust in the carb which starved the saw for fuel and smoked the piston. Goerge Blake is THE source for old Jonsered parts, I looked for a year before I found George and he had what I needed to get the first one back in order. I keep an eye on E-bay for "hit by tree" saws for parts. Hint: the "hit by tree" saws usually have good piston/cylinders.

Sedanman turned me on to George too...he is THE MAN when it comes to old Jonny parts....I have a few...but not enough....regardless that 49is a sweet little saw....hang on to it...dont let Gypo try to get it from you...

I finally got my camera back, here are some pics of the saw

I'm having trouble sending the last two photos, it says the file is too big so being tech-challenged it may take a bit.
Bill

Latest posts

Back