MS200T Hard Start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently rebuilt a MS200T in very good shape. Compression was 160 with excellent appearance of P&C. Did not disassemble top end. Bearings tight, but flushed crankcase with WD40, then diesel fuel, then mix to be sure all accumulated crud was gone. Lubed accessible bearings with 2-stroke oil before reassembly. US cleaned carb and installed new gaskets and diaphragms. Carb passed pressure test. Pressure and vacuum checked tank, fuel lines, impulse line, crankcase. Fuel filter clean. On first start, had to spray mix into carb to get it to start. Ran well, idled well. Let it warm up with idling and revs. Tried a cut in a slab and it cut well. When it's running, it purrs and revs great. When shut off, it is difficult to restart. When cold, it takes way too much choking to get it to hit. What have I missed?

Recently rebuilt a MS200T in very good shape. Compression was 160 with excellent appearance of P&C. Did not disassemble top end. Bearings tight, but flushed crankcase with WD40, then diesel fuel, then mix to be sure all accumulated crud was gone. Lubed accessible bearings with 2-stroke oil before reassembly. US cleaned carb and installed new gaskets and diaphragms. Carb passed pressure test. Pressure and vacuum checked tank, fuel lines, impulse line, crankcase. Fuel filter clean. On first start, had to spray mix into carb to get it to start. Ran well, idled well. Let it warm up with idling and revs. Tried a cut in a slab and it cut well. When it's running, it purrs and revs great. When shut off, it is difficult to restart. When cold, it takes way too much choking to get it to hit. What have I missed?
The choke could not be closing 100 percent even a very slight gap will cause this, take the filter off and see if it closes 100 percent. That's what it sounds like from what you say here. LMK.

The choke could not be closing 100 percent even a very slight gap will cause this, take the filter off and see if it closes 100 percent. That's what it sounds like from what you say here. LMK.
Knowing your expertise with this model, I will check that and get back with you.

Latest posts

Back