Mystery Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you investigated whether it is one of the suggested saws?
There should be a manufacturers plate below the bar mount underneath the clutch cover. If thats not there you will probably have to pull the muffler to measure the bore if you want to know exactly what it is.

My new generator runs on gas and propane
What the hell does that have to do with the chainsaw? Inquiring minds want to know????

Found in garage tucked away. Bet it's full of coagulated gas as well and probably a very dull chain. It's an Eco for sure. Easy to tell by the toggle off-on kill switch. Echo loves the toggle switches even though I'm not overly fond of them. I much prefer Stihl's integrated kill switch arrangement but then I divorced myself from Stihl and went with Echo, 2 years ago.

It is a 6700, 5500 (these two are same size) 4500 or 4000 (these two same size) Please tell us if there are any plastic parts, such as clutch cover, or rear handle. Echo had 4600s and 5500s that had plastic subsequent to the magnesium models. If you post a picture of a tape measure somewhere on the saw, I'll tell you what model. I have all the listed models here.

Have you investigated whether it is one of the suggested saws?
There should be a manufacturers plate below the bar mount underneath the clutch cover. If thats not there you will probably have to pull the muffler to measure the bore if you want to know exactly what it is.
Have you checked for the serial/ model number plate inner the clutch cover. It is not a 67 or 68 series, no manual oiler or spring mounted AF cover .

Latest posts

Back