New Log Pile and The Processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moss Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Firewood101.jpg

Firewood102.jpg

Tell us more about that processor. How many PTO hp does it need?

I believe it'll run on around 20hp, but the machine weighs around 1500 lbs so you'll need a 30hp or better if you want to lift it with the 3-point hitch and move it around. It'll take up to a 14.5" diameter and the hydraulic log lifter will handle up to 16' logs. The 16" bar and chain handle the sawing and you can cut from 8"-24" length pieces. We have 2-way, 4-way and 6-way splitting wedges. At a processor competition in South Carolina, this model put out nearly 3 cords in one hour, but that was under perfect conditions. Two joysticks run all the functions.

Does it split any smaller then that? I would have to resplit most of those pieces at least once a ot of them twice.

Looks nice though.

Scott

Gees, what an untidy, unorganized operation you run there!! Seriously though, nice setup. Sometime I will post some pictures of my operation and everybody should get a good laugh out of that.

Iowa

Does it split any smaller then that? I would have to resplit most of those pieces at least once a ot of them twice.

Looks nice though.

Scott

We were using the 4-way wedge on that day, but looking at it now maybe the 6-way would have been better. The 6-way would have done away with the larger pieces you comment on. The wedge is ajustable up and down with one of the joysticks, but you are pushing the wood through so fast it is hard to keep it at the optimum height at all times.

I could nevah afford one of these for personal use.....we have to work it regularly to pay the bills!

Nice looking operation there moss. I live over in Minot not to far from you. Brian

Nice pix and good looking operation Moss. Imagine the cords are flying out pretty fast over there? Downeast here cut/split are $200+ everywhere. We've only sell tree length and couldn't keep up with it. As I recall you mentioned you were getting layed off your regular job? Hope that can make up for it for you. Good Luck. :cheers:

So i have to ask what does something like that set a person back

The machine itself was $16,900.and the log lifter was $1600.

I already had the truck and tractor, so my overall expense is low enough to make a profit.

Thanx for the compliments, we plan to incorperate the log truck into the process later on.

$230. a cord, green, cut split and delivered.

The machine itself was $16,900.and the log lifter was $1600.

I already had the truck and tractor, so my overall expense is low enough to make a profit.

Thanx for the compliments, we plan to incorperate the log truck into the process later on.

$230. a cord, green, cut split and delivered.

not a bad price!! i'm going to bet next year, after this winter's bills begin showing up, your orders will double. lol

as for me...i cut haul and split alone unless my boys help on a weekend. so, i could never put a price on the wood i handle and if i did it would be $1,000 per cord.

lol...that's how hard i feel i work for it.

Back