New to me Vermeer 1230A

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TooManyToys

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just bought a Vermeer 1230A for our Christmas tree farm for clean up work rather then taking unwanted trees and branches to our recycler or renting a chipper from 20 miles away and trying to jam everything into the rental time. The unit is in good shape with 800 hrs, and I've gone through the knives and most of the chipper side of maintenance. I've got the Vermeer owners, maintenance and parts manuals. However, there really isn't anything in these about the Perkins Turbo motor. Was there a separate manual supplied with these for the motor itself? The filters are easy as I can just use the Vermeer number on them now and it would be easy to figure out the oil volume situation. I sure don't have any info on what to do about the coolant, draining or the type of coolant although it appears to be low silicate green. I'd rather go with Rotella ELC like I use in my other diesel equipment.

Any suggestions about what works best in this unit would be appreciated. Our Vermeer dealer is more then an hour away.

I don't have the part numbers you want right now but if you just google the engine make and model + "filter", you will find them.

Register ur machine on vermeer.com. just registered my 1230a and you can see all the manuals for your machine. Its handy.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Back