Not happy with Meteor cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armosh

Functioning Idiot
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been trying to get an old Husky 570 back up and running. I got it cheap due to heavy scoring. So pressure/vac tested it, and shockingly passed. Went ahead and ordered a Meteor piston and cylinder kit for it for about $175. I did Meteor due to seeing a lot of positive things about them. The consensus seemed to be not OEM obviously but probably the better if not best aftermarket you can get. So I get it on there and test it again to make sure everything is good to go and now fails pressure/vac. I'm a bit surprised due to having saws apart before and never having one fail yet. Turns out the decomp plug is leaking, ok replace it. Still leaks, so machining on the decomp hole is off. Used high temp thread sealant on it. Still fails test, check decomp, not leaking anymore. Find the next leak is the impulse nipple. Must be the brass impulse nipple that is pressed in is not an air tight fit. The OEM cylinder has the impulse nipple as part of the casting, Meteor presses in a brass nipple. Will have to yank the cylinder again and see if I can use some sealant to close that and get it air tight. This is irritating and not sure I'd ever try another Meteor again. Am I having bad luck or has anyone else had these sort of experiences?

Back