Now I'm really Addicted !!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsjunkie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have been messing around building a pipe for a Greffardized 2149 that Dennis has been so kind as to build for me.(can't wait to get my hands on it) I used a 2145 to fit the pipe. Yes of course I had to fire it up. I have never had so much fun with a saw in my life. This little Piped,stock 2145 really gets up and cuts LOL didn't run it long was afraid it would burn up the .325 chain LOL.:blob2:

woodsjunkie's pipe

Hello Eric,
that pipe looks pretty good. 30-40 % more power. when you spend some time working on a pipe and then start and run the saw and it sounds and cuts great you can get hooked on the extra power very easy. nice job.
ken

john lambert's 346 husky pipe

Hello eric,
Heres a photo of a pipe i thought you would enjoy seeing. this is a pipe we are going to fit to john lambert's 346 husky if I ever get the darn thing finished. I'm going to run it on my dyno before the modifications and after and then with the pipe to see what we can pump out of it. will post the results when I finish modifing the saw
ken

boots in photo

hello huskyman,
Didnt think anyone would notice. Do a lot better at modifing motors than taking pictures
ken

Ken,
Thanks for the roses, I have a long ways to go building pipes... This one didn't turn out to bad considering I only have about two hours in it at this stage.
It's really hard to believe the difference it made in this little stock saw, It was like a whole new saw !!!!!
Ken is their a reason you build your pipes in two sections other than ease of installing ?

Eric

Ken,
I meant to ask is that pipe aluminum ? or just shined up LOL ?
Thanks Eric

expansion chambers

hello eric,
the tube coming out of the cylinder is pretty thin walled, we had a lot of them break the tube off if the pipe was solid with the header. if the header is seperate from the pipe it can flex at the junction and theres less chance of breaking.
the photo is of a spun aluminum pipe built for rc airplane engines of the 2.5 cubic inch size. nice pipe.
ken

Latest posts

Back