Number of drive lengths

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weatherby

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just a quick question, how many drive lengths does a 36" Husqvarna bar take? Its 3/8" pitch and .058 gauge. Any suggestions as to the best place to buy a couple of loops for it? Thanks for all the help.

Rob

I buy chain from Baileys or Madsens. Baileys sells Oregon and Woodsman Pro, which I believe is Carlton chain. Madsens has a two loops for the price of one deal on Oregon chain.

Woodsman Pro is carlton chain, i use it and love it, i recomend it highly:D

114 drive links, try commercialcutters.com, $18.95 per loop of oregon LP. Should set you up nicely.:blob2:

114 drivers, the chain still goes on easy and the heel of your bar is closer to the sprocket assuming it is a 7 pin, however in Roberts case the drive length is equal to the blizzard he is fighting thru.
Gypo

114 drivers depending on how many beverages you may have had....but go Oregon LG if you can...not LP like that Arkie boy wants....lol...no need for safety chain if you wear chaps or pants, and have a working chainbrake....

Thanks guys,

My saw has an 8 tooth spocket on it so should I go for the extra link or will 114 still be ok? Im not too interested in safety chain Dennis, thanks for the recommendation.

Rob

Newfie,
You want the smallest link count that will fit. If you have an extra link, you start out halfway through your adjustment space before you start. Then after running it dull a couple times and pinching the chain here and there you are at the end of your adjustment and the teeth are only half gone. When you are way out on your adjustment it is easier for the chain to hop off the bar also.

(I've NEVER pinched a chain :rolleyes: )

Back