Old Craftsman saw - help me identify

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have an old Craftsman saw that I want to know more about. It has model # 358.356091; serial #1E1733105. It is black and light grey. The top is black and the recoil start and side plate are grey. It has a 20" bar and is a manual oil saw only. Appear to be about 45-50cc and is pretty heavy for its size. Has a Walbro carb. Who REALLY made this saw for Craftsman and is it any good or consumer junk? Thanks for any input.

Now easy John, some of the old Craftsman saws were pretty decent. Poulan made nice saws until the late 70's early 80's. Also good companies like Solo have made Craftsman saws. Can you post a pic of the saw, and how old is old?

Old Craftsman saw picture

I'll try to use my cheap digital camera to post a picture of the saw.

Pics of the old Craftsman

Here's 2 pics of it. Thanks with any help.

Sorry about the pics- file too big

Sorry about the confusion. I don't know how to get the pics on here - says they are too big.

You need to shrink them, to do that you need some simple picture software like ACDSee or something. Your computer may have come with some

You can email me the pic and I can post it for you later if you need help

358 means Poulan and I've seen the parts blowup. It looks a lot like the ones they're selling now. Black top, handles and AV stuff, gray plastic or metal side covers.

BIG, you can reduce the file size by reducing JPEG quality and/or resizing the image physically. One or both of those options should be in whatever photo program you're using.

You're right John, those saws are crap. But they also made gray and white metal ones that were much better. He said it was really old so I thought it might be one of those

No its not that cheap plastic junk. I punched the part # in to sears site. It is something like an old Poulan 3400 counter vibe or whatever they are called. All metal case so it shouldnt leak air like the new plasctic crap that leans out and burns up. Poulan has really went to crap probably ever since Electrolux has got ahold of them:rolleyes:

You fellows are all over it

John, my saw looks similar to that one you show but mine has the metal side covers and is like Pioneer says. It must be a pretty old one and therefore decent. All that metal side plate stuff makes this saw too heavy to run for long (for no more punch than it has).

Back