Out of curiosity

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love spicy foods, but as I get older spicy foods, don’t always love me.

My son and I took on the “I’m stupid” wings challenge at a local restaurant earlier this summer. They were warm, but not nearly as hot as I expected.

I used to like spicy food but I quickly learned my rectum did not
Worked with a guy, many years ago, who told me he was a national champ in Mexico for chili eating contests. After several years he had, uh, issues…went to a doctor. Doc told him he could quit or keep eating and would be wearing a colostomy bag. He quit.

I don't eat spicy things just because they are spicy.
They have to taste good too.
I have a few go to hot sauces that really add a nice flavor to different dishes.
Taco Bell Diablo sauce is good on pretty much everything.
I have a smokey chipotle sauce that is great on burritos.
The fire roasted habanero is really good on Italian foods.
If I just want heat, we have a ghost pepper sauce that is pretty decent on pizza, just don't add too much.

I almost never eat anything hot or spicy. If I order a loaded baked potato, it's minus the jalapenos.
But, if I feel a cold coming on, or have sinus issues, I'll get some hot & sour soup from the Chinese restaurant and some "medium" salsa and salty chips.
Best medicine. 👍

I like a good nacho chip with a goop of sour cream and a slice or two pickled jalapeño on top. They tend to come out hotter than they go down.

Nope, when it comes to hot foods and wasp i'm a big ole wuss.

10 points off the Man Card! 🤨

One of my favourites at breakfast is Angry Potatoes. Get the olive oil going in the pan with a enough cayenne in it to make it red, then fry up your (pre-boiled) taters and get 'em as crusty as you like or have time for. While cooking, hit them with sriracha for taste, kick, and more red. Then push them to the side and make a cheese omelet on the other side of the pan. Nice smooth omelet with some furious taters on the side. 😡😡😡😡

McBeauty! :sweet:

You made me think of something I haven't had in a long time - roasted jalapeños stuffed with sour cream.
Those are pretty good.

I knew a Mexican lady that stuffed them with ground sausage, cheese (melted), and cream cheese. It was a whole hot mess of goodness.

Back