OWB cleaning insulated section chimney's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
ever have the need to clean insulated chimney's section's

No, but i'm sure it would not hurt.
This is the 3rd yr for my WM 4400 with no build up. The only thing that i noticed was the smoke self(seconedary heat exchanger) was building up with ash, fixed that with a air hose.

whenever i think of it ill l hold the door open a crack and let the fire burn it out. might see a flame out the chimney top on occasion.shut the door it'll go out.

I just had my WM4400 delivered last week, and want to add another 8 or so ft of stack to get the smoke up higher. Do I have to buy the pipe my dealer sells at $128/4 ft or can I use any type of tripple wall pipe? Menards has 3 ft sections for $60.

Thanks!

Chris

I just went to Lowe's and bought 2 sections ($70.00 ea.) of double walled stainless, my dealor never offered to sell me any with my Mahoning. This will be my second year running it and I have noticed that smoke comes out from around the door, so I am thinking that the pipe needs to be swept because there is a buildup.

Back