Picked up my wifes x/mas present today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I went and picked up her gift today. It's a Smith&Wesson Airweight .38 hammerless revolver. I also got a Uncle Mikes holster for her purse. Of course I has to get her a box of ammo. What guy can go to a gun store and not get himself anything. I bought myself a box of .223 ammo for a Rifle I bought this past weekend. It looks a little rough. I bought it at a police auction. It's a Remington 788 model .223. I wanted something to shoot for fun that had cheap ammo.

Scott

.....and here I thought you were getting her a saw with full PPE gear...what a let down...I suppose you'll be getting her out to shoot now.
Have fun!

I went and picked up her gift today. It's a Smith&Wesson Airweight .38 hammerless revolver. I also got a Uncle Mikes holster for her purse. Of course I has to get her a box of ammo. What guy can go to a gun store and not get himself anything. I bought myself a box of .223 ammo for a Rifle I bought this past weekend. It looks a little rough. I bought it at a police auction. It's a Remington 788 model .223. I wanted something to shoot for fun that had cheap ammo.

Scott

I had to buy my wife a .38 with a pink handle, when I bought her the 9mm, she said I was buying it for myself and was hoping she would never use it. Can't really blame her though, I shoot it all the time now. Maybe I have to get her a new saw this year!:laugh:

Got my wife a 20 gauge Browning pump a few years back. She took the required safety course and now feels much better when home alone with the kids. Around this house if you are good enough to get past my dogs on the main floor I guarantee you won't get past me and the Mrs waiting upstairs !

Where is the saw for the little woman?:hmm3grin2orange:

I asked her if she wanted to cut some wood. I told her I would give her my most expensive saw to use. She didn't want to cut any wood after I handed her my MS880 with a 36" bar and chain. Now she just stacks and loads.:givebeer: Maybe I should be nicer she now has another Smith&Wesson .38 revolver. The other has the hammer on it so it wasn't good for concealed carry.

Scott

I went and picked up her gift today. It's a Smith&Wesson Airweight .38 hammerless revolver.
Scott

I was looking at that one this summer - I told my wife that would be a great Christmas present, but she doesn't want to buy it for me. I was thinking it would be the family handgun. My 11 year old can easily pull the slide back on that one. Nice gun.

For our first anniv. I got mine a Lady Smith in .38/.357 with rosewood grips, she loves it and is deadly out to about 25-30 yrds. with it, but then again this is the same person that was shooting a .44 mag when she was 12:D

Scott

My wife has one as well and likes it. Shes got the crimson trace laser grip model and couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with the sights or with the laser .:laugh::laugh: Then I took the +Ps out of it and gave her some low recoil and shes getting the hang of it now. Hers is a model 642 and a got a 638, the spurless hammer. Happy shootin!

You're a good man Scott, never have to worry about her taking that 880 and putting on a 12" bar and cutting the soft wood off.:laugh:

Scott

Nice revolver. I have the .357 model. Probably best you didn't get that one for her, it bites a little with .357 in it. I rarely shoot .357 through it and stick with .38. I have only found a couple of brands of .357 that the bullets won't start to dislodge from the shell casing from the recoil causing the cylinder not to rotate.

http://www.lxcoupe.com/images/340/340_1.jpg

My wife has one as well and likes it. Shes got the crimson trace laser grip model and couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with the sights or with the laser .:laugh::laugh: Then I took the +Ps out of it and gave her some low recoil and shes getting the hang of it now. Hers is a model 642 and a got a 638, the spurless hammer. Happy shootin!

Funny thing.......My wife DID hit the Broad side of "The Neighbors" Barn once when I had her out shooting in our horse pasture..... I heard BANG-------Clank..Then had to adjust her tecnique:ices_rofl:

It looks a little rough. I bought it at a police auction. It's a Remington 788 model .223. I wanted something to shoot for fun that had cheap ammo.

Lucky guy

Remington 788s were among some of the most accurate production bolt guns ever made. They were not fancy but they can shoot. Many people believe Remington discontinued that line because it was cannibalizing too many sales of their flagship 700. It was way less money and would shoot with anything. I have no idea what you paid for it, but it's a keeper.

Loads in the 50 to 52 grain bullet weight should group very well. If the bore is good, that rifle sandbaged on a bench should get into the 3/4 inch group range.

Take Care

wasted energy! + consequences?:ices_rofl:

Whatever the heck that's supposed to mean, it just earned ya some red paint in the rep department.

Scott, hope the Mrs. loves the new gun, and that she lets ya try it. I just realized that I haven't bought my gun of the year yet this year, better get shopping!

How bad is the recoil on the airweight, with a light weight gun I figured it might be too much for the wife.

It isnt to bad on the recoil. Think it weighs bout 15 oz unloaded. somebody makes some low recoil loads that help get the feel of the gun, then step up to full power.....Or thats what I done for my wifey.;)

Back