Pics of My Husky Muffler Mods.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those look great, Jeff! What did you use to fab the clean holes? Also, did you braze shut the factory openings, or leave them open? Open question: What advantage is there to closing off the factory openings? Does it have something to do with overall levels of backpressure, or am I way off?

I have one W saw where that was done, and am looking forward to a G saw in the very near future, but don't know what Dennis did. Educate me, brothers of the saw, please.

CB

Thanks guys...couldn't have done it without the help of Russ (jokers), Ken and the rest of you guys.
CB, I'm a toolmaker so it was kinda' easy after I got the info. from some of the more knowledgeable(sp?) mod. members on the site. I set the mufflers up in a Bridgeport (mill) and milled the slots in the brackets and muffler. I left the factory opening open...as a matter of fact Ken Dunn recommends opening up the deflector by removing the "rolled edges" from it. As far as leaving it open or closed you'll have to get that info. from somebody with more experience than me....I'm still learnig:)

Jeff

Latest posts

Back