Pics of the Beast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John in MA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
All right, a few people wanted to see photos back when I was asking for all the help with the big Jonsey. Here are some for your viewing pleasure.

The sharp end:

Yes, that is one cool saw. It reminds me of a Sherman tank, and just like a tank I am sure it will cut thru anything with little pressure. Have fun!!!

Some years back Chainsaw Age magazine built a Hot Saw out of one of those,...... great articals, and guess who has all those articals ................ Ken Dunn.

Great looking saw John, but did you have to cut down one of your neighbors ornamentals to get that woodpile? :D Russ

Your using a 100cc saw to cut wood that my XL2 could handle. Now youre loggin:D

Admit it John. After one sweep with that sweet Jonsey you are finished with Homelites. Remember Swedish women are prettier:cool:

Hey! That's a 110cc saw. :D My Poulan XX could handle the wood but that's not nearly as fun. :) They were taking down some maples down the street (making a bigger yard for someone...grr) so I figured I'd drag a couple home.

Not through with the Homelites, but my SXL-925 will be getting less use now that it's the lesser of two extremes.

111xx.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not surprised Dennis, neither does mine. The later ones shipped with this flimsy plastic hangaurd screwed to the top housing. Mine's about #15,700, so it's as late as they got.

Speaking of differences, is that top cover of yours one piece? How the heck to you get at the air filter? I guess they thought that users would have patience and a long screwdriver.

Latest posts

Back