pioneer farmsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talan

Reaction score
i need some help here!! i came across a pioneer farmsaw that my dad used when i was younger. it has no compression and the local repair shop tells me that no parts are available for it. i believe it has a 4.1 ci engine. any help would be nice. any model info has worn off as well.

The Farmsaw has an automatic compression release mechanism in it. If you pull the starter rope the compression release makes the saw feel like it has little or no compression. Did the repair shop actually take the muffler off and take a look at the piston? Parts for the Farmsaw are available through Poulan?Weed Eater dealers and not all parts have been discontinued. Buying a cylinder and piston might be a bit more than you would want to spend on a saw that is now well over 20 years old.
you will find the saw specs at
http://www.acresinternet.com/sites/cscc.nsf

Like Mike said that would be the first thing to try is the decomp valve. You could probably plug it if its bad. Here is a parts source I've been told has many parts Metzger Bros. 419-286-2770. I think you'll need to give them part numbers once you find out what parts you need. I could set you up with the proper numbers. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back