Pioneer ignition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul hill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ignitions/ coils for the Pioneer P-51/P-60. Thought I wasn't going to need one but I was wrong. I would be interested in 2-4 of them ( depending on the cost ) if anyone has any used or new ones please let me know. I probably won't respond for a day or two because of turkey day. The original part number was 431484 for the coil and 430694 for the plug wire if it helps. Thanks for your help.

Paul,
The number you need is 475259 its in my most up to date parts list replaced 431484. Talk to Jeff Sloan he goes by username P62 on here. He has helped me with alot of good used parts.

Tried Rottmans and it's the first part for the Pioneer's that they haven't had.. I talked with P62 and he doesn't have any right now but said he would let me know. Rupedoggy said he might have one but I need to get the exact specs on the individual module for him.
John, not sure what Poulans you are talking about. Do you have any better info? So far, I have not had good luck with anyone from Poulan. Local dealer doesn't know much and doesn't want to do anything but sell me a wild thing. Poulan Pro tech staff won't return my E-mail for some reason and when I call them they say something like Pioneer who? or We've never heard of that. Really makes you wonder how they're still in business. I would be willing to try again if I had a Poulan part numberor something else to give them. Thanks for the help.

Johns referring to the 655 and I believe the 525 would be similar also. Those are some of the last Pioneer saws they were renamed as Poulans. The 655 is like the P62. That figures they don't want to help. Hmm I don't have any poulan numbers maybe someone could help with that. But the ignition you need is before the Poulan times.

I know a few other saws use a very similar ignition. I've seen a few on Ebay should have got then to try. One was a blue coil for a Homelite 410. It looked exactly like it with the plug wire and all. Here is a part# for it A93414. The other coil was for a Jonsered though it was for the type with the separate high-tension coil. Good luck!

Thier is a kit to convert the older P-60/61 to the 655BP Poulan, it includes cylinder piston ignition and flywheel, I don't have the number right now, its avalable from Billous Distributing. Good luck Jon

Thanks for all the help. I'm going to do some checking on those ideas and I'll let you know how it turns out.

The 655-type saws were what I had in mind. That just shows my ignorance of Pioneer model.

No luck with the Poulan 655 ignition either but thanks for the thought.
Pioneer, I'm trying to get that homelite ignition to give it a try but I'm finding they are just as rare. I'll let you know what I find out.
Sawracr, Can't seem to locate Billous ditributing so if you have find anything on how to get ahold of them, let me know as I might be interested in that in the future.
Got a couple people who think they have an used ignition for me so hopfully all works out. Thanks again.

Yeah I should have got the one I saw. Kicking myself now for missing the auction. It really looked like it might do the job. Have you tried Hawkins Bro's? I here they are really good with Homelite parts. http://www.hawkinsbros.qpg.com/

Phelon can make new flywheels but the ignitions they offer dont look like they would have the right bolt pattern. Might check with them anyway. http://www.phelon.com/

I heard that Phelon made some of the Pioneer ignitions and they're on my list to contact. The ignitions that I have were made by Prestolite. I E-mailed their tech staff to see if they still had any and they wrote back saying they sold that part of the business to a company called Standard Magneto. I'm going to call them tomorrow. It's nice when a company gets right back to you with at least a response, unlike Poulan

Back