Pioneer P41 ARMY NL "Chainbrake not working"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fedde76NL

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,

I Bought a Dutch army version of the Pioneer P41, I am trying to remove the Clutch cover to install the Guidebar.

Somehow the Chainbrake is not working and the brakeband is holding the Clutchcover, is there a solution to release the brakeband so i can remove the Clutch cover.

Also i wan't to renew the guidebar with a 20" version, is there a Oregon replacement or different brand i can use.

Thank you for your input, with kind regards

André Feddema
Akkrum the Netherlands

Pull the chainbrake handle sharply backwards it should reset itself. When standing in the normal operating/holding position pull back sharply on the brake handle, it should reset the brake mechanism and release the compression on the band. If this does not work then there are broken or damaged internal parts.

Sounds like the chainbrake is already activated. Did you try and reset the brake handle? Got any pics of that saw, it sounds interesting?

Pull the chainbrake handle sharply backwards it should reset itself. When standing in the normal operating/holding position pull back sharply on the brake handle, it should reset the brake mechanism and release the compression on the band. If this does not work then there are broken or damaged internal parts.
Thank you for your reply, I will give it a try this evening

Back