Poulan Micro super delux xxv

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knockbill

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I got this guy with low miles and cross threaded spark plug,,, I was able to rethread it for a 16mm insert... I made a .019 aluminum shim to replace torn cylinder gasket, and used Permatex 80019 sealer on the shim, as I saw it on a list of of cylinder sealers on here, (Yamabond I had hardened up in tube).. Let it set overnight and saw started and ran fine at idle, but wont accelerate... Figured carb needed rebuild so I tried to start it again after it cooled down and it wouldn't start again, so I rebuilt carb, no joy...
Havent torn it down again, but now thinking the Permatex wasn't up to cyl/case sealing and that's where the problem is?
Any thoughts? Maybe I don't need a gasket/shim and should go gasket delete, and different sealer ?
Thanks...

Attachments

• P5260033.JPG
    P5260033.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • P5250032.JPG
    P5250032.JPG
  • P5250031.JPG
    P5250031.JPG
Thanks for replying... I saw a list like that on here, Permatex 80019 was on it and easy to get... Didn't see 85420,, Yep, I can easily measure squish,,, this cylinder with repaired spark plug threads really doesn't need more compression tho!!! I asked about gasket delete thinking it would only require one sealer seam instead of two with my shim... Think my best bet would be to just find a cylinder gasket and move on...

Latest posts

Back