poulan pro 335

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
if anybody knows this saw ,im looking for info. saw has no chainbreak but not a scratch on it. is or was that an option w poulan pro. its built to 1985 ansi b175.1specifications. cant imagin it being an old saw and looking like it does.
also i dont see the cc on it anywhere.
but its heavier than my 028.
looked in mikes site and couldnt find any thing on it. id appreciate any help.as id like to turn the rpm up if it is made to take it. she really sinks in pretty good but
dont rev like these saws are known for
now.like i say, id really appreciate any help as im drawing blanks in all my sources of info. any of u chainsaw
gurus know anything about this one.
that may be the only way i get any info on it. thanks for any help. tm

3.3 cu. in. Chrome Cylinder. good saw. The muffler is too restricted for it to really perform. They were introduced 1988 when Poulan PRO was created as a brand name. In Canada they were all produced with a chainbrake but it was optional in the U.S.
I was not in a rush to enter them in the site because I considered them a current model. That model was followed by the 336, 365 and 380.

thanks a lot mike. would u adjust the carb or open up the muffler? it somehow interest me, as it got a good feel to it.
i can look it up but what cc would 3.3 covert to. i know dumb question but
im just really starting to do something besides use a saw in my work . in other wds ,they carry a great deal of interest for me. thanks again bud ,really enjoy u site. ill look at my literature and find a 3.3 an see what the cc is. first im gonna take it to the woods an see if its what im needin. at times ive wished i had just a little more kick than my 028. and it dont look like a 046 or 372 is in the near future.later now.

opened the exhaust up a little. also noticed it has 2 piston rings.
now dat mean it good dont it.:)
put the tach on it tomorrow.
never knew foolin wit the things could be so much fun. wifes just looking at me with that, not again look.an i aint talkin bedroom antics.

54cc. Two piston rings is good when you want to work it hard. Dont' run it lean. If it has no hours on it then the rings need to break in before it will really perform. I am sure you will like working with it.

poulan pro

About now is the time to replace the fuel line if it hasn't been done since the saw was new, they crack from age. Semi-chisel or full chisel chain gives a nice cut. It doesn't run fast it just cuts and cuts. Clean it every day after use and it should preform well.

appreciate the advice. ive checked the lines an they dont seem aged. kinda wierd. its almost like this thing was stored out of the sunlite ,with any traces of gas washed off. i know its been used cause the bar shows a little use. but
i looked at the piston an the same thing occurred to me,as did mike. it dont even look broke in.
alrite ive opened up the exhaust ,which is something i never fooled w in 30 yrs.
think i might leve the rpm where its at .
as what geofore said would be my first impression. best torque at about 8-9000
rpm. but it really does dig in good.
lets see that describes another saw ,the 028 mabe.:) i took about a 12 inch cedar today,so when i get time,ill have my own little shoot out ,between the 028 ,the partner, and the 335.. right now tho hannah really dumping on us ,which is great. but itll be bustin but, time for a while ,thank god..
wont u fellas to know i appreciate u help.

poulan

The boy stopped in for the weekend (on leave, Navy) says he bought a new saw at a pawn shop and I'm thinking this is going to be a piece of work. I went out to the shop and got ready to do a tear down. Opened the case and this saw has never been assembled, bar hasn't even been on it. I put it together and low and behold I had a new bar and full chisel chain on the shelf for it. Gave him a few instructions on modifying the muffler and gave him the new bar and chain for replacement and put it back in the case. He said thanks, loaded it in his vehicle and said he'd see me when he has more leave.:( I didn't get to test run it around the block. :( I'll have to wait till he gets back.:D and run it aroud the block.

Back