Poulan Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing the Poulan climbing saw is still available, lacking a chain brake and anti vibration.

It used to be one of the best saws, before the quality fell off.
They sure had great power. Today's saws are much lighter, smoother and quieter....well, until those of us wild men modify the mufflers....!

Husky 288 I have a feeling my well worn 009 would take one of those with a stock out of the box Stihl chain! If I'm ever in Philly , I;ll try and prove it.........or you could come here, we'll ask Marty to supervise.

That S23 is NOT the same as the old 25's , it sucks and then blows! I had a couple when they first came out and there is no comparison. Not the same power, the controls are cheaper, the bar adjustment is even worse etc. I wouldn't trade my beat up 020 for a brand new S25 though either :alien:

So out of curriosity, I was in something similar to this challenge in a marksmansip event. I would suggest that someone slice a log into 2 shippable parts, with a distinctive mark on each half. Each "competitor" cuts a pre-agreed number of biscuits while videotaping the cuts. The tapes, biscuits, and what's left of the log are shipped back to the Judge-member for the final decision. The Posties may not like luggin' the lumber, but it's a good way to run a race in 2 places, so long as the sawyers are gentlemen of honour, and not up to tricks. Makes ya think, doesn't it?

Get the wax out of your ears, I modified the exhaust on my 044, which is primarily a ground saw. I haven't touched the 020T, it is totally stock. As for my Shindaiwa 488 muffler mods: I do and will use this this saw up in a tree. Don't miss the point: I'm new to this muffler mod stuff. I have to do the mods on something. How will I know if it works unless I try it. Rich.

i like the poulan pro,and have said so.
but my 020 av is just better made.
no offence to anybody . my poulan pro was stolen ,and it did sting for a while..
good saw.some dont judge a saw by fast cut only. its taking it up and abusing it ,to get a job done . getting thru and cleaning it up and its ready for the next job. thats what i want in a saw.jmho

wish list : poulan DA ? right ?
were the gold poulan climbers any thing ? 38cc ?
5 for parts worth the time ? biggest bar ?
because if they can take a 20" (or 020t) i'll take 5

Have you tried that equipment rental place in Weirton, W. VA., poulan says they are No.1 on repairs and parts.

Super25DA

I used the Poulan super25DA as my climbing saw my first 5-6 years climbing. Tough saws, but heavy. I thought it was the best (and only decent) saw made by Poulan.
I had a great groundman for 3 years that loved using my old S25 as a ground saw. When all my saws got stolen, I asked him what kind of saw he wanted as a ground saw, and he wanted another S25. I got him one, but it wasn't as good as the old one. A year later, they quit making them. I think it was the same year they quit selling the Stihl 038Magnum in the US.

Poulan- Pro Thats an Irony isnt it?
Brian? Compare that Poulan to an 020/Ms200t Which is a better saw?

Originally posted by DDM
Poulan- Pro Thats an Irony isnt it?
Brian? Compare that Poulan to an 020/Ms200t Which is a better saw?

WHY? I don't own either. My last S25 died several years ago and I don't like the feel of the 020T (thumb keeps hitting the kill switch in the middle of a cut). Wouldn't buy either saw today.

Latest posts

Back