Price for a decent 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dons

Reaction score
I am wondering what a good price would be for an 026 in decent condition. I just bought one on Ebay (#2066572479) and want to know how I did. Sounds like the saw is about 10 years old and did light firewood cutting with it. His reviews on Ebay as a seller are spotless so I am hoping he was honest with me. I paid $208 plus shipping. How did I do, in your opinions?

BTW- I have been reading this list for about a year trying to decide what saw to buy. The information I have learned here has been very helpful. I decided on the 026 and have been looking for months. So I hope I got a good saw at a decent price.

Thanks for all your help, even though you didn't know you were helping.

An 026 is a really good saw. You got it for about half of what a new one cost. As long as the saw checks out ok I would say you got a good deal.

Stihls seem to hold their value quite well compared to most other brands. A good 10 year old Stihl will still get half the price of a new one. New 026's are almost $400, so you are a tad on the high side. From the picture, the saw looks to be in very good shape and he did a real good job of cleaning it up. If it still has good compression then you should get many years of service from it. If not, you can slap a set of rings in it and still have a saw good for another 10 years! :D

[Insert Cheap Husky jab here]

looks clean enough but that doesn't nesasarely tell the story on the motor....:eek:

Cost

I grabbed one from my local guy for $225 18 months old, had 6 tanks of gas run it with 2 bars and 3 chains. I started it, but have not used it yet. It's a Stihl thing I have to get over.

Back