Price for a decent 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dons

Reaction score
I am wondering what a good price would be for an 026 in decent condition. I just bought one on Ebay (#2066572479) and want to know how I did. Sounds like the saw is about 10 years old and did light firewood cutting with it. His reviews on Ebay as a seller are spotless so I am hoping he was honest with me. I paid $208 plus shipping. How did I do, in your opinions?

BTW- I have been reading this list for about a year trying to decide what saw to buy. The information I have learned here has been very helpful. I decided on the 026 and have been looking for months. So I hope I got a good saw at a decent price.

Thanks for all your help, even though you didn't know you were helping.

this brings a question to my mind. is the 026 as good a bet as the 028 has been buying used. dont mean to change the subject ,but some day im gonna have to
pick some other saw. as all the 028s will be worn out. on second thot ill wear out before they do.
looks like u got a clean looking used saw. the only real test is in heavy cut tho.that and time on the job. good luck.

good deal

very good deal if everything works etc, I have a twin to it ,get a owners manual and the normal tools, make sure the carb adustment are right , as in screw them all the way in an then out excactly 1 turn for both this will insure that you are not to rich or lean for best performance , they are very good saws, you should get good service out of it for a long time

Spreaderman- the guy that I bought the saw from lives at 7,000 ft elevation. He mentioned that the carb might need some adjustment. Will your method of "exactly one turn" work regardless of elevation? I am at about 1,900 ft.

Thanks for the info.

adjustment screws

don, on the air cleaner cover there is a simbol that has a counter clockwise circled arrow with a = and a 1 in it , this means .... out 1 turn, I would tune it there and try it , it should be very close, tree climber 165 is right and that is a good link on his post get a owners manual and a operators manual , there is alot of good hints in there that will help you :)

Back