ps7900 fit in stihl case???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redoakneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried to heat-gun modify a stihl case so that a ps-7900 could fit??

If not, will it fit in a modified husky power box? I saw some posts that the makita fit but the dolmar's handle looks a little longer.

Also have the filter kit on it so the stihl case may be way too small. Anyone tried a cooler for a case?? much cheaper than powerbox and I think the saw is pretty "cool".

Modified case

I modified an Efco case, which I believe is the same as the Husky case, to fit my 7900. You have to engage the brake so the handle is down far enuf for the top to close. A heat gun and some thing to cut some of the plastic away like a dremel tool or angle grinder. I will try and take some pics later today.

Pics

My modified Efco case to fit a Dolmar 7900

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

clearance made for the handle as shown in the next pic
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
More pics

Clearance made for the dogs as shown in next pic

attachment.php

attachment.php

clearance made for the rear handle as shown in the following pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

additional clearance for the rear handle had to be made to the outer part of the case

attachment.php

Just throw the saw in the bed of the truck.

Or if you are worried, throw it in the back of the extended cap or in the seat next to you.

More pics

I have a scrench holder on my 7900 so I had to cut a hole for that, the one closer to the center in this pic, the other hole cut along the right side, if I remember right, was for side clearance for the dogs

attachment.php

attachment.php

this is in the top panel for clearance for the top of the handle

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last thing I did was to attach the end panels to the rear panel. they were designed to snap on/off but kinda a pain so I used some screws to attach as you can see here

attachment.php

VINIFIREWOOD, does it say on the box where it's made? I'd rather have the red Efco one, but the black one at Northern Tool is made in USA.

Thanks!

Thanks, that helps a lot. Time to try it tonight!

I know this is a lot of work to put a saw in a case but will be worth it when traveling on pot hole ridden roads and gravel paths with the saw in with the wood a long with all the other stuff.

R.O.N.

i only put a bar cover on my saws when i am transporting them. otherwise, they face far great cosmetic challenges in the woods vs riding home in the bed of my truck. a box might help for stacking them back home and keeping the oil off of the floor, but i put old shower curtains underneath them and manage to get about 12 saws in a 6'x6' space by mis-matching the powerheads and bars.

I haul my wood in a dump trailer and use our families' suburban to pull it. I like the cases so I don't get oil all over the seats or rear stow area.

Just helps keep everything cleaner.

Made in USA by Custom-Pack Design and Blowmold

Thanks for the info. I looked up that company looks like they make a lot of the cases. I like the red the best, but the black one comes with a 24" bar cover- might get a longer bar someday.

Last edited:
I guess when I pay as much money for a good quality saw like most of us do, I take care of it. There is no throwing it in the bed of the truck and smash the gas for me. I take care of my equipment, and I use the hell out of it.

My saws ride protected, and get used hard in the timber.

Great thread on how to mod the powerbox for the 7900!

Latest posts

Back