raker filing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Artwood, raker clearance is more specific to the tooth style than the pitch, but most everybody seems to be recommending .025 these days anyway. What chains are you running that you need info for? Someone here will surely be able to help you. Russ

I've been using .025 for years, but I just bought a new depth gauge that had 4 different heights. I'm running 1/4, 3/8 LP, 3/8, .325, & .404 pitch chains on 14 different saws.

Eric

A little less is probably better than too much, .025 is good all around. You may have to do some cutting and trying.

Just got a modified 2159 back from Kenn Dunn and he set the rakers at .016, I reckon to keep the rpms up.

Rakers are getting worse to deal with , as so many of the gauges will not work just right with the different safety chains. It was nice and simple when you could use the drop center Oregon gauge on about everything. I'm geting gauges shipped to me that don't fit the chain they are supposed to fit.I like it when the customer comes back latter so I can find the right depth gauge and filing guide for him.

I'm even getting new 58 gauge bars that you cannot get 58 gauge chain into without working on them (paint etc.)

Back