rebilding 2 saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowe

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello guys,
This the first post for me here so bare with me. I have been hanging around on this site now for a couple of weeks. Great site! Anyway I have a questiion, I recently started pushing logging crew for a fellow and he gave me a bunch of saws to work on. I have two tore down right now, the first one is a 365 husky he gave it to me and said I dont know what happend to it it just wont run. I took one look at and saw the muffler was completely smashed in, the slit on the top was completely closed off. He wondered why it was scorched. That one was an easy fix. Anyway He gave me a 066 it was scorched also but the muffler was fine the only thing I could figure was that someone ran straight gas threw it or was mighty heavy on the trigger finger, however, no one wants to admit to either one. My question is, in event of either scenario do you think the needle bearing on the crankshaft journal needs replaced as well. I have looked over them thouroughly and they appear to be fine. Is their anything else I should be concerned with or be loocking for before I put it back together. Thanks

Welcome

Glad to have ya here.
Is the piston scored all the way around? Straight gas. Only on the exhaust side? Lean condition.
The needle cage? Replace it. Call it peace of mind. If it comes apart, you just bought a piston and cylinder.
Look the bearings over VERY carefully. No cracked or missing cages and NO up and down play. Same at lower rod bearing. Make sure all rubber parts are in good shape. Don't want to lose it to an air leak. Seal under flywheel is culprit on a lot of models lately.
Sounds like you will have a steady job. Let us know when we can help.

rebuilding 2 saws

Stihltech,

Its the exhaust side only. I will replace. I have never seen such abused saws before in my life. I have cut for 10 years, these guys are gorilla loggers.We have already laid off 2 people. I have always taken care of my saws every weekend I blow them out replace air filters and polish them up with armour all. I have never had a saw brake down on me other than just general maintence. As of recent I have kinda taken saws in as a new hobby, and now I am just learning the basics of tearing one down. Anyway thanks for the reply.

Latest posts

Back