Replacement xl2 clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountain33

Reaction score
I have an older xl2 saw. It was given to me quite a few years ago by a coworker who taught me how to climb. I had worked for power and light and learned to climb poles. He taught me how to climb and work in trees. He never failed to impress me while in the air swinging from tree to tree. Did I mention he was in his 80s at the time. He retired at 85 and gave me his XL 2. That he bought brand new in the 70s. It still has all the original paperwork with it. I've used the saw many of times. Mostly I just didn't feel like using my Stihl. Anyway I haven't used it for a few years.(Retired 5 years ago). When I fired it up. The chain isn't moving. Broke it down and found a clutch had broken a lobe. Sorry for long story. Is there an upgrade to the original clutch. I've seen a few on eBay but I noticed even these are discontinued. Is there another that can be adapted to work? I welded old s clutch. Machined it. Ran at 4000rpm and it didn't blow apart. Figured I would see before assembling if there was another better option.

Back