Restoring an older Rayco RG1625A

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KorEnt

Reaction score
I can’t help myself and feel an urge to put a machine back to work. This was abandoned in a tree company yard and I just happen to have 3 kohler 25’s lying around . Only problem is the past mechanic misplaced the clutch , belt cover, hydraulic pump and cover. The crew is looking for the parts but I’m not holding my breath . I need to find a parts list so I can figure out what Electric clutch it had. I believe it was an Ogura. Also did the hydraulic pump run off of a belt to the back of the clutch. Is it a 3 belt clutch (2 for the cutter head and 1 for the pump) . If that’s the case would there be hydraulic pump pressure to run the wheels with the clutch turned off?

Attachments

• 24640785-226A-4C1E-AABA-DC082F65ED49.jpeg
    24640785-226A-4C1E-AABA-DC082F65ED49.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
I know this thread has long since gone to god but just in case anyone else cares: if yours is similar to later versions, the clutch is an Ogura GT4-RY06, part 2052800500_00_GT4RY06 and it is driven by its own pulley on the PTO shaft, separate from the clutch and has its own little belt, again separate from the clutch's three A belts to the jackshaft pulley. The hydraulic pump is on its own little mounting plate with a bolt adjustment at the rear, so it can be adjusted without affecting the clutch to jackshaft adjustment. So you still have hydraulic power even if the clutch is disengaged, which is a good thing as you can then lift the cutting wheel after restarting the motor with the clutch disengaged, if you've overloaded and stalled with the cutting wheel in the stump. The Ogura is horribly, horribly expensive and i think I would put the motor on slides and depower the belts for a clutch, ala Carlton, before I sold the family home and kids to buy one. As a ps, I've fitted a Chinee 31hp vtwin to my 1625 which was half the price of the 27hp Kohler, or less. The adaptation wasn't that hard, just had to redrill two mounting holes and slightly lengthen two mounting slots, and it seems to be running pretty well so far .. fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back