Rupley Bros. 1 + 1 > 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbabcock

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
I really wish I had as good a relationship with my brother as these guys do with each other. At Clearwater, they not only pretty near won all of the saw races they entered, but won an awful lot of new friends because of their outgoing personalities, sharing of knowlege and showmanship. If you ever want to throw a shindig like this, these guys should be at the top of the "A" list of invitees. It was an honor and a pleasure to finally meet them.

They only lost to a couple of seasoned pros who were 15 years younger by a few seconds, but John, ever the competitor, revealed his frustration and exhaustion to the crowd anyway.

John explanis his methodolgy

Mike and John know a helluva lot about saw racing and they always willing to share their knowlege.

And when they win...

This is what happened whenever either brother won an event. This type of activity happened frequently.

With Gypo Logger

The brothers have a good laugh at Gyro's expense by grabbing the last two beers; leaving him without a beverage for maybe as long as 5 minutes.

Nice pictures

dbabcock
Those are some good pictures so far and the Rupley bros look like a lot of fun to be around.Where the saw classes a live start or a dead start? Seth

Seth, we did a hot start, time starting when the saw hits the log, mostly a US rule...we did do a couple events for the locals with hands on the log, saw idling...on GO!

Doug was absolutely correct in saying that the "Roopleys" are nothing but the best of guys...I am so looking forward to next year and seeing them again, as well as everyone else!!

Hi there, the Rupley Brothers are real showman and great axe throwers. Jon showed his finesse when he stuffed a full beer can in the bullseye and hit it dead centre on the first throw!
Good throw Jony, your a marksman!
John

Back