Savannah live oak help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superior912

Reaction score
I have a big beautiful live oak tree that centers my home and yard. it has 3 big main branches approx 30" in diameter. Right in the center cup of those branches there is a hole in the tree about 6 in wide and a couple feet deep.
My question is what can i do about it? Can i fill it with foam or I've seen cement in trees. Both of these options don't seem right to me. Is there someone out there that has seen this before and fixed it properly? Thanks

I have a big beautiful live oak tree that centers my home and yard. it has 3 big main branches approx 30" in diameter. Right in the center cup of those branches there is a hole in the tree about 6 in wide and a couple feet deep.
My question is what can i do about it? Can i fill it with foam or I've seen cement in trees. Both of these options don't seem right to me. Is there someone out there that has seen this before and fixed it properly? Thanks

There is no 'fixing it'.

Keep the tree healthy and maybe put cables in it needed to keep it from physically breaking apart.

You need an onsite BCMA.

Back