Saw Break In

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StIhL MaGnUm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
How do all you guy's recommend breakin in a new Husqvarna saw like how many tank fulls till wide open throttle,what carb settings etc...

Thanks for any info guy's
Rob..

Hi Rob, there is a thread a couple of pages back by now "Breaking in a new saw". Maybe you would want to check that one out. Russ

stihl ,some these fellas do modifications.
i do break inners . takes me about 6 months,low as a hundred a saw.:D :D .
seriously if it mine id use the 50-1 mix
and like any new item ,baby it until
im really in full sweat. then that sucker is
going to work. may not be the right way ,but i know myself. never hurt one doing this.

Well this is my first Husqvarna saw and I was just wondering how good the carb's are adjusted out of the box,how much adjustment do they tend to need after break in period?:confused:

Thanks for the reply guy's

Rob..

Rob....after every saw that I build, I run a tank of fuel through it at idle...whether or not this is necessary can be argued...but its what I do....then I do final adjustments with the bar and chain on.....I have found that each saw is different after break in..some need alot of adjustment...some need none....

Hey guy's,
Good Morning
Whats the best recommended way to adjust the carb on a new saw preferably a Husky 385XP.The saw is from out west and I live in the North East, just wondering about altitude changes etc..Where to start???I noticed that there's not alot of adjustment on the "H" needle not even a full turn.

Thanks for any tip's guy's
Rob..

Rob...take the carb off that saw...take your dremel (or likewise tool) and cut those restrictors off the jets..takes about 2 minutes....and set as normal...

To be honest....I havent noticed a big problem with altitude...I live at 1500 feet and my guys work at up to..well...at least 5500-6000 feet..(maybe thats not that high??)....and they dont have any problems with the way they are set....altitude can be a funny thing....I know sleds require alot of jetting work...but we really dont experience it much with saws..not here anyway...

Thanks Dennis,

I thought the saw had those restrictors on it,it feels like it only has them on the "H" needle,because I can turn the "L" needle as far as normal.The saw seem's to be surgeing a little at idle and I think it's loading up because when I give it throttle it blows a bit of smoke and then it's fine until it sit's and idles for a few minutes.Do you think I should lean it out a little bit on the "L" needle??
Also when I adjust the "H" needle for full throttle what should the saw sound like ?? Should it have a little "skip" or "blubber" in it at full throttle??

Please help me out
Thanks Alot
Rob..

Latest posts

Back