SC50tx runs then shuts down after about 10 seconds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1stump

Any Stump, Anywhere!
Reaction score
When you say fuel pump are you talking the main pump or the lift pump? If you are getting any air in the fuel lines it will do what you are saying. I got rid of my lift pump (The small one near the front of the engine) and replaced it with a 12 volt electric pump. If I get air in the lines which happens when you run it out of fuel, its a PITA to prime the system with the manuel pump. With the electric pump you mearly loosen the fuel fitting were the fuel line enters the main pump, turn on the key and let the electric pump push fuel out of the fitting until it runs solid with no air bubbles. Tighten the fitting while it is still pumping and start the unit.

You stated that you changed/ rebuilt the injectors, make sure you have no air leaks at any of the fittings. You can still prime the system with the lever on the manual lift pump but its a PITA.

Let me know if this does not help, Gordy

sc50tx fuel leak?

Wow, I have something else to work with, and it would make complete sense, thank you again Gordy.

I would love to see some pictures of your fuel pump swap, any chance you could email them? [email protected] if not no sweat, you have helped me a ton man!

Back