Scored me a pile today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Reaction score
Well, not so much a score as a pile but I should get points for volume. I haven't even counted exactly but I think there are about 7 or 8 chainsaws or parts thereof and about 4 or 5 backpack blowers.

I think the blowers may be dumpster fodder but will have to sort through them. I did not want them but it became an all or nothing deal and I wanted the saws.

Only two are interesting to me. The Stihl 029 with some cylinder scoring (but probably will run in its present condition) and the old Poulan 4900 Countervibe Bow saw. That one is incomplete but seems to have decent compression.
Several chainsaw cases as well. I'll try to get some pics up later today.

I would actually like to have a running backpack blower but not sure there's enough in the whole pile to make even one work. I need to get this stuff stored inside as we have rain coming. I did manage to get the van unloaded to minimize fuel fumes. A couple saws will just get serviced and sold as they're runners. Mostly it's Poulan 2050/2150 stuff and some throw away Homelites. There's a Poulan 2900 in the pile (I think) that has potential but needs parts. Certainly enough to keep me out of trouble on a cold rainy day...

Well, not so much a score as a pile but I should get points for volume. I haven't even counted exactly but I think there are about 7 or 8 chainsaws or parts thereof and about 4 or 5 backpack blowers.

I think the blowers may be dumpster fodder but will have to sort through them. I did not want them but it became an all or nothing deal and I wanted the saws.

Only two are interesting to me. The Stihl 029 with some cylinder scoring (but probably will run in its present condition) and the old Poulan 4900 Countervibe Bow saw. That one is incomplete but seems to have decent compression.
Several chainsaw cases as well. I'll try to get some pics up later today.

I would actually like to have a running backpack blower but not sure there's enough in the whole pile to make even one work. I need to get this stuff stored inside as we have rain coming. I did manage to get the van unloaded to minimize fuel fumes. A couple saws will just get serviced and sold as they're runners. Mostly it's Poulan 2050/2150 stuff and some throw away Homelites. There's a Poulan 2900 in the pile (I think) that has potential but needs parts. Certainly enough to keep me out of trouble on a cold rainy day...

Keeping the 4900 or selling?

I went through all the saws briefly this afternoon and triaged them. There's two runners that probably just need to be cleaned up and then can be sold (Homelite and Poulan) Some are just "parts" and some can be repaired. Not a you suck deal. The blowers are pretty much junk best I can tell but I didn't really look em over yet.

Well the reason the saw is like three colors is that the owner wanted it to look like a Husqvarna.
Pretty sure this saw was used commercially by a pulp wood company. Wonder if it could talk how cool it would be to know how many truck loads of "bolts" it helped harvest.

I went through all the saws briefly this afternoon and triaged them. There's two runners that probably just need to be cleaned up and then can be sold (Homelite and Poulan) Some are just "parts" and some can be repaired. Not a you suck deal. The blowers are pretty much junk best I can tell but I didn't really look em over yet.

I might be interested in the 4900 if you do decide to sell it.

There she is in all her beauty. It is spoken for but I wanted to get the pics up anyway for a view of this NIB find. lol
Bar is bent, no spark and the top handle is missing. Other than that, it's ready to cut wood...
Now if someone wants a little homeowner Homelite or Poulan, I've got 80 pounds of those...

Latest posts

Back