Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some help from one of the guys at work. We left at 12:00 since our work was done for the day. Finished the front, got the 2x12 header boards hung for the lean to. Restacked the wood left from last year in the middle of the wood shed, and started taking the side boards/ tin off. Sadly it's just that time for it to come down. I have mixed feelings about it, it's the first thing me and dad built together. But a lot of the rpigh cut oak boards are going into the lean to on the shop. After Icabob left, I cleaned up and restacked the insulation in the shop.
My electrician buddy stopped by and checked out my handy work. He was impressed with everything I did so far, but doesn't like what the solar company did with the transfer switch or my main breaker panel. So we'll be changing a lot of that when we run power out to the shop. Seems I need to get the wire for the generator shortly too so we can run that back to the transfer switch.

Attachments

• 20240509_195432.jpg
    20240509_195432.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240509_195326.jpg
    20240509_195326.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240509_195312.jpg
    20240509_195312.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240509_195307.jpg
    20240509_195307.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Got some help from one of the guys at work. We left at 12:00 since our work was done for the day. Finished the front, got the 2x12 header boards hung for the lean to. Restacked the wood left from last year in the middle of the wood shed, and started taking the side boards/ tin off. Sadly it's just that time for it to come down. I have mixed feelings about it, it's the first thing me and dad built together. But a lot of the rpigh cut oak boards are going into the lean to on the shop. After Icabob left, I cleaned up and restacked the insulation in the shop.
My electrician buddy stopped by and checked out my handy work. He was impressed with everything I did so far, but doesn't like what the solar company did with the transfer switch or my main breaker panel. So we'll be changing a lot of that when we run power out to the shop. Seems I need to get the wire for the generator shortly too so we can run that back to the transfer switch.
The Vault is coming along nicely. It's good to have friends.

Back