• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Shindaiwa 488 clutch cover and carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjdlc

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I picked up a 488 in a trade recently, I've always heard good things about these saws, but they are rare around here. The guy I got it from had loaned it to a buddy, and got it back in less than optimal condition. The saw is mostly ok, but the clutch cover is cracked almost entirely in two. The brake flag and band etc. is all ok, so even just a bare cover would be great.

The saw will start and idle, but not rev at all, it is getting way too much fuel, I'm honestly surprised it idles as strongly as it does. The carb is one that doesn't have a high adjust, and was hoping I could find one that did, preferably OEM.

Anyway, hoping someone here might have at least the cover. Thanks!

For what it’s worth, I have a 488 that wouldn’t run right. It had a fixed H hey carburetor on it. I put a new aftermarket carburetor on it and it runs great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it’s an option, would just like to stay OEM if possible. I’m also looking at the possibility of a similar Walbro HDA model that will fit if I can’t find an original.

I would suggest to stay open minded about your issue. I have several of these great saws. Don't make the mistake I did on overlooking the ignition system. They are known to have issues and the same no revving up issues. But start and idle fine. There are several options on ignition replacements.

Latest posts

Back