• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Simington Chain Grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have your experience, Brett, but Kevin & I were playing with my 201 in a frozen hard maple log a couple of weeks ago,& the results were eye-opening! I put on a freshly sharpened PS (round & sharpened by me-I do pretty well with round), & then put on a freshly square ground by Kevin. The rakers on the round could have been a teeny bit lower but were done just one sharpening before our test. The round took 33 sec. (the 14in bar was all in) & the square did it in 11 sec!! The differences will of course vary with different sizes of chain & saws of greater displacement--But still!!
I don't believe that you have less experience than me lol.
Sounds like that saw is running great.
I'd be interested in seeing both those chains. Kevin seems to have a nice work grind down.
You're welcome to swing by here any time to, I'm not far from you. I drove all around you Tuesday, rolled across 21 to NW of flint, then back via 69/96.

I don't believe that you have less experience than me lol.
Sounds like that saw is running great.
I'd be interested in seeing both those chains. Kevin seems to have a nice work grind down.
You're welcome to swing by here any time to, I'm not far from you. I drove all around you Tuesday, rolled across 21 to NW of flint, then back via 69/96.
I'm afraid I put down the wrong number for the square. I meant to say it was 11sec faster than the round. I said 33 sec for the round & should have said 22 sec for the square which is still a remarkable difference. Yeah, the saw is singing a nice tune!

Latest posts

Back