Solo 645

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumberinspector

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Just picked up a Solo 645 brand new off ebay for 202.50. I don't have any dealers around my area to compare prices so I need some input on how well I did. Too high? Or low enough??

Dustin

Dustin
That's great! I am glad you closed on the 645 Solo,it is a great woods saw with a teflon coated cylinder. That 044 I sent home with you tonight, please beat the ???? out of it, again and talk dirty to her. she's a ninfo and always wants more.
and thanks for running the stop watch today when Steve and I were cutin. Seth
biggrinshoot.gif

Teflon Coating

You might want to check with Bob Titus on the Teflon coating issue.He guarantee a 10% power increase for the Teflon coating and it's designed to last 500 hours in a two-stroke engine. I am considering sending him out a barrel,just to test the process.
Later
Dan

Dozer, I do not think it is teflon. Its most likely moly disulfide applied to the piston skirt and may be a thermal barrier applied to the head and piston dome. IMO save your money.

Re: Teflon Coating

Originally posted by dozerdan
You might want to check with Bob Titus on the Teflon coating issue.He guarantee a 10% power increase for the Teflon coating and it's designed to last 500 hours in a two-stroke engine. I am considering sending him out a barrel,just to test the process.
Later
Dan

compared to NikaSil??? I highly doubt it!! most racing engines I know of use NikaSil coatings. I dont hear of teflon in F1, or superbike, or motorcross or roadracing cycles...

Otto
Before you fly off the deep end again,please read back through the posts.I never compared NikaSil to Teflon.

Seth stated that they Teflon coated the
cylinder.He never said that was the only treatment that the cylinders had.It could be Nikasil or Hard Chrome under that.

bwalker
I have no idea what they actually use when they coat the cylinders,they call it Teflon.

Otto
I have seen Teflon coated pistons,at least that's what they call it.The teflon was on the skirts and the tops of the pistons.I was just pointing out that it does have other applications other than a frying pan.
Later
Dan

Hello Dan
Next time you talk to Ken ask him about the saws that turn 23,000 rpm with the TEFLON coated cylinders. Seth
I am not talking about Dustin's 645

Nelson
I will have to ask the Master about that one.Its been a while since I talked to him and I have a few other questions for him also.
I never heard a two stroke at that many rpm,yesterday I heard a 372 at a little over 18500.They have a nice sound at that speed.Customer said that it ran fine but just wouldn't idle?The crank bearing on the clutch side locked up and was spinning in the engine case.After it wiped enough of the case away to cause a small air leak,it really screamed.
Later
Dan

These Teflon coated saws have dual functions !

You can also use them to cook your bacon & eggs, no need to leave the bush anymore. :blob2:

Dozer, I think the coating you are talking about is moly. Teflon has poor adhesion propereties and is very soft which makes it less than ideal for use in a IC engine. Jet hot swaintech and a few others offer moly coated skirts and cermic coated domea and heads. The moly works fine, but the ceramic coating has been known to increase the frequency of detonation.

Latest posts

Back