Stihl 024AV super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fun_chopper

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Quick question, how big (cc/ci) is this saw? I used my friends 024 killer little saw..love it, wann buy one, tried on e-bay without luck..any info is good info..thanks

I don't know but I worked on one the other day, Put a new bar chain and sprocket on it, and a tune up. Took it out to cut and I was impressed. even had a semi chisel chain on it.

On most Stihl models, the model number will give you the APPROXIMATE c.i.
024 is in the 2.4 c.i. range.

Ya, and Stihl was runnin out of numbers.. Not very good planning. Probably why they went to this MS--- number system. Husky planned a little better with their model numbers.

Sorta reminds me, I was at the cemetary the other day, and I noticed several stones where the spouse had had Died 19 (blank blank) engraved on his stone, most of them people still alive. Kinda short sited planning.

Why do men usually precede their wives in death?..........

Because they want to!

The 024 is kind of the little brother of the 026, a nice little saw.

Going for MVP tonight Tony?

Fish is correct,the 024 and the 024 super are the little brothers of the 026.The super has the same crankshaft as the 026,just a smaller bore,the 024 has a shorted stroke then the rest of them.Almost all of the parts on the saw can be interchanged with the 026.If you ever want more power you can install the 026 piston and barrel on the 024 super case,you will have to use the 026 top cover,air filter cover with that barrel.
I have a 024 super that I used for over 18 years,however it now has the 026 barrel on it.
Later
Dan

the only problem that I have now with the 041 is, I don't want to use it, because its a classic, and I want my grandchildern someday to see it, and use it instead of their laser saws, and levitating skidders, actually they might invent a way to man make real wood!..lol-Matt

Tony, only 30 more to go and then everyone will have to call you
Sir.
Of course, double posting will make it happen much more quickly

You have to respect a man that uses a word like "wee" anyway.
Were you the one that asked the question, "Does your saw
pee?".

I respect you sir. Such fancy terminology deserves
MVP award from the get go.

fun, not normally but if we had thought of it.....LOL:D i've used my friends 024 and liked it, nice little saw

Like Ryan, you will be MVP in a month or so. It has really
changed my life, I now face the new day without fear and
loathing, I now soar with the eagles.

Back