stihl 028AV SUPER

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeWLogger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well I went on Ebay and purchased an 028 Super after all the wonderful things that are said on this forum about them. I have many Stihl saws 015, 025, 026, 028, 029(sold heavy piece of JUNK) 2 044's and an 066Mag. and don't forget my Jonny 2149. This 028 was almost unused the man said he cut one tree eight years ago LOL. This saw runs and cuts AWSOME I really cannot imagine why I never bought one before and the best part about it is the price $175 with 2 bars 4 chains and a plastic case.
Safe Cuttin
George W.

i saw that and thought hard. if u can get a saw like that for that money. it is definitly a buyers market.congratulations.

I'm JEALOUS!!!!!! :alien: I'd be real happy if Stihl brought back the 028 (and the 024) into production. My almost new 026 doesn't seem to have the power my old 024 had. It works OK, but you can bog it easily with just a little pressure.

George,
That list you have there is enough to give one a bad case of saw envy. I hear things like that and I end up spending way too much money and time on e-bay.

I actually had a guy with tears in his eyes when I had to tell him his 028 had gone to chainsaw heaven. I do understand, I believe it may have been the best saw we ever had.

I fixed up an 028 WB. Found it in a barn, muffler screws were stripped. Put a new muffler in it, put clean gas in, cleaned it up (man that saw was a PIG. POS that had it before NEVER cleaned it) and it started instantly, idled like new. Gave it to my bro for Christmas. For a Stihl, they are one heckuva tough saw

I have to agree the 028 was one of the best built saws ever. My theory is Stihl took it off the shelf cause they were not selling any replacement parts for that model.They came out with the true tree saw the 019.

I also have one of those 028 AV Super's. My brother bought it at a yard sale for $15.00! All I did was replace the air filter and cover, cleaned it, and adjusted the carb. Saw runs great and is a pleasure to use.
Long live the 028's!!!

Latest posts

Back