Stihl 08-S Quickstop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeypuzzle

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Was talking to a woman today while my (brush monkeys)were finishing up,and she mentioned that her late husband had a Stihl,it was in the basement.Turned out to be an older saw,a 08-S Quickstop.I am not much on SAWS and was wondering what the deal on this saw is.It was very clean and heavy.

I have never used this saw but always thought they were cool looking, and I think they are collectors items because every one I have seen sold fetch a pretty good price. I wondered if they were really very light. A very smart saw guy I know keeps one in his collection and that to me is enough to warrant keeping it

The 08-S is a very well built saw.A little slow cutting. But does not bog down. It was mainly used in rental yards. For the durability reason, & you can add attachments to it.As you can figure it out , not a very nice saw to be carring up & down trees.

Its looks like a real old saw !! they quit selling or should I say not avaiable out west hear as of 2 to 3 yrs. ago.Is it Red or orange?
If you look at the Stihl TS350 cut off saw you will see the same powerhead.The most durable cutoff saw on the market. Just the weigh is something else. around 22lbs.

Back